Saturday, June 14, 2008

That is the question

If the British suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, perhaps sublimiating their annoyance with a bit of harmless whinging over a pint of bitter, then the Americans, by contrast, take up arms against a sea of troubles and by opposing end them. Or make them a bit worse, it doesn't really matter. And, let's face it, the sea is optional.

I seem to have acquired a backlog of photographs, and no time to string them together with a plausable narrative; so let's simply celebrate this, my 100th post, with pictures...


All will be mine!















My bike, parked outside the Lotus Inn.



Leon's birthday tart (and Auntie Jeanne).



I was strangely drawn to this monochrome plant.



Stickers on a bike rack.



In the 'hood - a typical Portland fire hydrant.



My munchkin nephew Max summits his father's ample stomach.



Seen here in-situ, my latest weapon in the arms-war between father and toddler. Since our kitchen drawers are not child proofable by ordinary means, I drilled holes in the side and inserted pins, so that the drawer cannot be opened without the pin first being removed. So far he has worked out that the pins are removable, but has failed to correlate the absence of the pin with the ability to open the associated drawer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home