Sunday, September 11, 2005

Vacation Part 4

Not before time, the last of our holiday snaps from June... After a rainy stopover in Brookings, just inside the Oregon border (day spent watching videos, playing cards etc, torrtential rain outside), we made our way north along the coast towards the sand dunes.


Rachel contemplates the South face.


It's like a scene from Blakes 7, I thought. Personally, I'm rather fond of a sand dune.


Jane discovered an unconvetional technique for descending the slopes.


This time the sea lions bothered to show up at the sea lion caves - which was nice.


Rachel pets the carp at Yamhill winery. There's probably a fish fingers joke in here somewhere. Maybe I should have a caption competition? In any case, Jason was not a big fan of the wine itself, a fact he was quite happy to share with the the proprietor. Sadly I have no footage of this, so you'll just have to imagine it.


Proof that it is occasionaly sunny at the beach.


And further proof that it often isn't. Thought I'd round things off with a picture of me under a typically ominous sky...

Actual news to follow at some point. Thanks to everyone who wrote about my dad; he's absolutley fine, as if it never happened. Experts believe it's a one off which is not uncommon. He's currently in France with my mum.

Meanwhile, I do hope all of you in the Brighton area now purchase your sandwiches exclusively from Snax in the City on Western Road near Norfolk Square. It is undoubtedly the best sandwich shop on the entire continent and is coincidentally owned and run by Ms Lucy Tammar. Go on, treat yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home