Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Marmalade Shore

My wonderful friend Katherine Quevedo, who became my editor and general source of encouragement throughout the writing process, has been kind enough to pen these words which could one day appear as the blurb on the back of "The Marmalade Shore", should it ever come to be printed properly, that is...

Unlike the majority of his kind, who delight in cruelty and idle torture, Orange finds solace amongst the animals. So when his monkey goes missing, he sets off to find him with his wayward uncle Bryan. Their journey leads them to encounter a conspiracy, a window to another world, and some very fancy mice. Journey with them from the tranquility of the Sussex Downs, through the streets of Paris and Monte Carlo to the deserts of Africa. A prophecy is about to be fulfilled, but only if Orange can learn to unlock his mysterious ginger powers.

I only have a handful of printed copes (care of Kinkos), but if you are at all interested in reading my manuscript, drop me an email and I can send you a pdf version. Or you can wait for the hardback edition, of course...

I now intend to return my attention fully to drinking and computer games, at least until the muse next visits and I have another ten months to kill. Must dash, as I have but recently learned that Christmas is once more upon us. God bless us, one and all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home